Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Engineering

In a previous post I made mention to the engineering feats of the very brainy Hens. Here are some photos so y'all can have a visual.

Ladder Pulley:

Bike Pulley:


And here is the new kitchen light we had installed. Now we did have it installed by a friend who does this kind of thing because I think trained people need do electrical work and not novices. I don't think electricity is something to be messed with - the ramifications can be too great.

Our friend came over on quick notice and I hadn't gotten out to get a hook which we really needed so we could center the light over the kitchen table. The builders (remember we bought this house new but it was already built, the only thing we got to choose was the color of the front door) installed the overhead electrical device and hung the previous light in a very UNcentered spot. One side of the table was bright and the other side was very dark and people were forever banging their head on the light because it didn't hang over the table, it hung over the chairs. Not to metion that I think the builders got this light on a 1970s clearance table. It really looked like a white frisbee with a lightbulb stuck on the bottom. I wished I had taken some before pictures. The Hen men cut the chain to the appropriate length and installed a hook so that the light now hangs centered over the kitchen table. I am so pleased with the final product!! And all our visitors are grateful for the head room.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to all participants in the engineering contractual installation extravaganza!

Taffy said...

Wow what a great job they did, I'm glad you will be able to see the food on the table now. I often wonder what the builders are thinking when the put in things like light fixtures. They so often seem to be in strange places!

B said...

Looks great! How fun to watch it all in action! Good job everyone!

Trick said...

It's great to have 'handy Hens' around!