Sunday, February 11, 2007

Blessing Day

I am just getting to this now, but last Sunday, February 4th was Piper's blessing day. We were extra lucky to have Grandpa Roy come and stay the weekend. We were also blessed to have had Aunt Christine and Uncle Aaron join us.


Saturday the men went the man store (Home Depot) and bought a 12 foot ladder so we can change our lightbulbs in the lights on our vaulted ceilings. But if we have a 12 foot ladder we have to have a place to keep a 12 foot ladder. So the term "back pocket engineering" came into play as the "braineeack" Pennhen men jotted down calculations and gathered items. They came home and rigged up a pulley system that cranks the ladder all the way up to the ceiling of our garage. Since they were at it, they decided to hook up another pulley system that is now suspending a bicycle from the garage ceiling. They also installed a hook so we can take our new kitchen light (which is suspended from the ceiling by a chain) and hang it centered over our kitchen table. Picture to follow of our new kitchen light - I love it!! Grandpa Roy treated us all to icecream sundays at Friendly's. It was awesome and enjoyed by all! It brought back many memories to Roy, Daniel and Aaron of childhood visits and fun family times at Friendly's.


Piper got to be surrounded by both Grandpas, her daddy, uncle Kent, uncle Aaron, friends of the family - Brad Mead, Steve Fultz, Don Dresser and Bishop Smith in the circle as Dan prounced a beautiful blessing upon her.

Here's Piper with cousin Slater.


Even though it was Super Bowl Sunday we did not have a Super Bowl party, instead we had a Soup Bowl Party. We returned to our house after church for soup and rolls. We had a mexican soup and homemade vegetable beef. He we are preparing the soup.

Piper was the 4th granddaughter to wear the blessing dress that my mother made. My mother only has 4 granddaughters - so everyone of them has worn it. It is beautiful and we are anxiously waiting to see if Brinn has a girl so we can pass it down to her.

7 comments:

Trick said...

Beautiful Pics, Lady. I wish we could have been there. Sounds like a great day!

Froga-lee said...

Piper and Slater sure do look like cousins! Thanks for the pictures. I love the ones with her grandparents.

Ree said...

I love that pic with Piper laughing--what a sweetheart!

I also loved reading about the engineering feats--I'm having memories of the twins engineering all kinds of things at our pageant camps.

B said...

Me too Ree! LOL! I love seeing Piper so happy with Grandpa Roy and Granma Reenie! That is a wonderful tradition to have all the grandaughters wear the same blessing dress...it is a gorgeous creation...bless your hands Reenie (that's a translated Albanian exclamation)!

Pooka said...

What a beautiful baby, and 'textile wrapping,' too. I don't wonder why each of your mom's grand-daughters have worn that blessing dress. They've probably lined up in heaven three and four deep to get their turn in it. So get ready! ;)

And what a terrific idea to have a Soup Bowl Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She looks PERFECT! Sounds like a great day! Wish I was there. And Reenie...what a seamstress! Who knew? That dress is just beautiful! AS

Boss said...

Before I finished reading this post, I'd scanned through the pictures and saw Piper's dress. I immediately thought I'd better e-mail you and find out where you found it so I could put my shopping skills to use. Alas, when I finished reading, I learned it's not shopping skills I need! Clearly, Piper was surrounded by love on her blessing day!