Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Playoffs!

So the EAGLES made it to the playoffs after a very shakey season. They made it past the first round against the "Stinkin" Cowboys. Last night was game 2. And we were ready!


I wish I had thought to get the camera out a little earlier because Chase, Gregor and Ainsley all got Eagles jerseys for Christmas. Daniel has an Eagles shirt, sweatshirt and hat. So everyone was decked out last night but the game didn't even start until 8pm so the kids had gone to bed by the time I thought to get out my camera.

We had a fun family night. We had treats - popcorn, soda, ice cream, and apples and caramel dip. The boys made signs to hold up - "OFFENSE" and "DE + an image of a fence." Daniel would get so excited and yell at the top of his lungs scaring the poor baby out of a sound sleep.

In the end though the EAGLES lost it. With a minute and half left on 4th down the quarterback got it to his receiver that would have walked it right into the end zone.... BUT.... a lineman had false started and the EAGLES were forced to punt. So sad! After the game, I heard Daniel say, "That's too bad" and few minutes later - I heard him say again, "That's too bad". He went on to say it roughly 10 more times over the next 15 minutes or so until I finally pointed out to him that he was saying that repeatedly. I think we was rethinking the game over and over and that phrase just kept coming to mind! Funny!

3 comments:

B said...

Yeah, I think that scene (minus the paraphernalia and the baby) was repeated here too. "That's too bad!"

The awful thing is, we were watching a football game, an NBA game and college Basketball game all at the same time ...and none of the teams we wanted to win were able to do so....it was a bad sports night last night!

Trick said...

I can just picture (or hear?) Man saying that. It's funny. I love your updates even like that--I feel I am not so far away.

Froga-lee said...

I was thinking of Man and that game all weekend. I would have loved to be there just to watch Man watch the Eagles in a playoff game. Win or loose, I'm sure it was exciting.