Friday, March 19, 2010

Camilla's Cozy Quilt

Camilla is Brinn's youngest. She was born in December 2008. She received her quilt I made her in February 2010. These things take time - especially when you have 4 small children, you're primary president, your buying and selling a house etc... I wish there was more time to sew.

Anyhow. It is finally done and it is one of my favorites. Maybe that's why she didn't get it for so long. I needed several months to sit and stare at it - in all its beauty.

I can not take credit for the color selections because I did cheat a little and used 2 charm packs from Moda. They are a pack of 5x5 squares containing one square of each of the 40 fabrics in a specific collection. This collection screamed "BRINN" at me as I walked by so I had to go for it. I had actually already bought fabric for Camilla's quilt and it was going to be a completely different pattern but then I saw this and had to do it. I did however choose the white on white polka dot spacer fabric.



The back is "minky" and it's ultra soft. Lisa, the same long armer from New York that has done all my quilts, did this one as well. I chose a "butterfly loop" pattern.
Binding - I must say I rocked the corners this time - best ever!!

6 comments:

Peanut said...

It's beautiful!

Judi said...

Great job Brittney! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

As always it is absolutely gorgeous Brittney! I love those fabric patterns, and the Butterfly quilting is so cute. Camilla is one lucky little girl!

B

Princess Gerty said...

I LOVE IT! SO CUTE!

O family said...

Wow- this is amazing. Love it! Camilla is a lucky little girl :)

emlizalmo said...

Britt...this is GORGEOUS!!! I love it so much. No wonder you had such a hard time parting with it. :)